Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Kicking off the 2013 Flying Season

This last month has been quite tumultuous for my family.  We suffered the tragic death of my aunt that was visiting here on vacation.  Taking care of all the multitude of issues surrounding that event has been extremely time consuming and mentally tasking.

As a result, I wasn't able the get the Eagle ready for IAC 67's Acro Camp for my partners.  They're all quite nice about it, but I still feel I let them down.  But now the Eagle is flying again, one last little project of replacing the oil door rivets and she'll be fit for acro.  The wheel pants will take a while longer, but that can wait.



I have been flying between Renton and Everett a few times getting ready for Paine Field Aviation Day that was on May 18th.  Other than the weather forecasters scaring away a good number of our expected guests, the event was a great time!





I had a lot of fun working with my friends, and two of the best announcers in the business, Roy Hafeli and Ken Hildebrandt of H2A2 Air Show Announcers.  They just ROCK!



So here we are at the beginning of June, and as I look at my calendar for the next four months, there will be a whole lotta flyin' going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment