Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Practice is Over!

The fifth day of practice has come to an end here is smoky Ephrata. Over 200 forest fires in Eastern Washington has severely reduced visibility. Made for some interesting training when you can't see the horizon!

Many, many thanks to the exceptional Lew Shattuck for spending his time driving all the way over here  to provide me my own personal aerobatic camp!  He is a critiquer extraordinaire, clearly explaining and fixing problems with my flying.  I am extremely fortunate for his assistance.

While at Nationals, I'll be sharing the Wolf Pitts with an Aussie named Ben. He came here to Ephrata to get familiar with N240WP, and did quite well for the most part. He'll be some competition down in Texas.  It's cool to watch someone else fly the Wolf Pitts, otherwise I never get to hear how wonderful the airplane sounds!  Ben is a good pilot and he's taking care of the airplane, can't ask for much more.



Tomorrow morning I start my trek to Texas. I'm hoping to make it to at least Rock Springs, Wyoming.  Maybe Laramie, or maybe even Cheyenne, but probably not.  The key is to just go one leg at a time and see where I end up.

Should be some fantastic scenery....

No comments:

Post a Comment